ACV Photo Contest 2023
This year's photo contest will be kept simple. Any of our members may submit one of their photos to the contest, and the group's favourite picture will be voted for at the December meeting (Monday 4th December). The winner will receive a small prize.
- The competition is open to all Alpenverein members who have taken part in an ACV event this year, and would like to participate
- Anyone who would like to participate can send their submission by email (either containing the photo itself as an attachment, or a link to the photo, preferably on the ACV flickr page), along with their name and Alpenverein membership number.
- The photo must have been taken during an official ACV event from 2023 or December 2022 (i.e. an event for which there is a tripsheet on our website, and took place), and the photographer must have been officially registered at that event on the website.
- Each member may submit only one photo.
- Please provide the photo in the highest resolution possible.
- In the email, please copy/paste and complete the following sentence:
"I confirm that the submitted photo was taken by me at this ACV event: (write name and date of event here) . I give my permission for the photo to be shown at ACV meetings and used in online and/or print publications of the ACV and the Alpenverein Austria"
- Voting and prize giving will take place at the December meeting on the Monday 4th December.
- In case of a tied vote, a fair mechanism to decide the winner will be decided by the ACV group leader at the meeting, and his decision is final.
- For the voting, the photos will be displayed anonymously
- Note that for this competition, it is considered impolite to vote for your own photo, or campaign for your photo. Please do not do this, even if you genuinely believe it is the best photo!
- Closing date for submissions: Thursday 30th November 2023, 11.59pm.
** Closed for submissions **