COVID-19 remark - the lockdown has been extended to February 8th (as for now) so the event for sure won't take place on January 30th. A new date will be chosen when it's clear when the lockdown actually ends.
A great hike for skilled hikers. I made it three times in winter already (photos, photos) and it always provided a great experience.
It's not difficult in its league but it's the league of highly qualified winter hikes. Because of that the participation criteria are tough: I must know you and believe you have enough skills to do this hike. If you have doubts, contact me. If you won't qualify, just hike more with me and try again next time this hike is posted.
The route looks more or less like that but the way down depends heavily on snow conditions (if there is no avalanche risk, the more pleasent variant is to take the yellow route and in case of bigger snow pack it's either trough the Waxriegel or again trough Haidsteig).
The date of the hike may change as such events depend heavily on the weather. Uncertain weather and high avalanche danger are simply no-goes and will postpone the hike. On the other hand I would like to do it when there's some snow cover and I'm likely to postpone it if there isn't.